Vacation Rental Guidelines for Condos & Homes on St. George Island
We are open 7 days a week year round from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST, except for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Days.
During the months of June and July, our office is open until 7:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Our Reservations Department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you.
The guest, including all members of the guest’s party, understands and agrees:
Upon confirming a reservation, a contractual agreement is made between Resort Vacation Properties of St. George Island, Inc. and the guest, including all members of the guest’s party. The guest and the rest of their party agree to abide by the following Rental Guidelines.
At all times, both inside & outside the home, the maximum occupancy is the number of persons allowed on the premises, including infants. We cater to family groups & cannot accept reservations for vacationing students or house parties. We do not rent to students even if one or more parents or legally responsible adults accompany them, or to groups under the age of 25. This policy is strictly enforced. Special events such as weddings, reunions & church retreats are only allowed in select homes & require a separate contract. Special pricing & security deposits may be required. Please contact our office for details.
Guests may bring up to 2 pets to our pet-friendly homes unless otherwise noted in an individual property description. Guests must obtain special permission & a fee of $100 will be charged for each pet that exceeds the amount allowed as outlined above or as specified in an individual property description. Pets in non-pet-friendly homes are strictly prohibited & will result in immediate eviction with no refund of rent. If evidence of pets is found in non-pet-friendly homes during or after departure, a minimum charge of $500 will be incurred. Exotic animals are not allowed. Pets are not allowed in pools, the pool area or hot tubs. A leash law is in effect & guests are responsible for adhering to it.
Pools & Hot Tubs
Private pools & hot tubs are cleaned twice a week. It is the guest’s responsibility for the appropriate use of these amenities. A fee of $45 is required for additional cleanings due to negligence or abuse. Some pools offer heat, (as listed in individual property descriptions), & this amenity must be requested at least 1 week in advance. The charge for pool heat is $350 per week or for stays less than a week, $200 for 2 nights plus $30 per night thereafter. Pools will not be heated when the outside temperature in a 24-hour period averages below 60° or if the average water temperature of the pool is above 82°. Pool heat is not guaranteed. Hot tub covers break easily, please do not walk or sit upon them. An offer of free pool heat does not apply to monthly reservations.
Please refer to individual property descriptions for availability & possible restrictions. If “Elevator for a fee” is noted in the property description, prior arrangements must be made & a $100 fee must be paid in advance. Elevators are not to be used by children or pets unless accompanied by an adult.
Refunds, Bad Weather, Equipment Malfunction
Refunds are not made for inclement weather, lack of public utilities, the unavailability of private community amenities or equipment malfunctions. Should any equipment malfunction, we will make every effort to have it repaired as soon as possible. One of the challenges of living on a barrier island is parts have to be ordered & repair companies have to travel a longer distance, so repairs may take longer than expected.
The charge for returned checks is $25. Checks will not be re-deposited and must be replaced with a money order, cashier’s check, web check or credit card payment.
Cancellations/Changes to Reservations
Once the reservation deposit has been received, there will be no refunds issued by Resort Vacation Properties unless:
We can re-rent the home for the same dates & rental rate. A 10% cancellation fee of the total rental amount will apply & be deducted from the advance rental payment. If it is not possible to re-rent the home for the same dates & rental rate, the 10% cancellation fee & any difference in the re-booking rate will apply. If the home remains vacant for those dates, the entire deposit will be forfeited or the reservation may be reinstated;
Guests are welcome to change their vacation dates if the new dates are for the same home/calendar year & the rates are of equal or greater value. In these circumstances, we must be contacted at least 30 days prior to arrival;
After arrival, there should be no expectation of refunds or relocation because of dissatisfaction with the home rented. Unlike a hotel, we cannot relocate guests without specific authorization.
Travel insurance can provide coverage for various medical, travel and weather events, including hurricane evacuation, and we strongly recommend you purchase it. Resort Vacation Properties has partnered with a leading independent travel insurance provider for your convenience. For more information, see Sun Trip Preserver Travel Insurance.
A Description of Coverage explaining the benefits, exclusions, and limitations can be downloaded here. Submitting a claim is the responsibility of the guest, and should be filed directly with the travel insurance company.
Guests assume full financial responsibility for damages due to misuse, negligence & missing items. Prior to check-out, guests who report damages which occurred during their stay receive a $50 credit towards any repair costs or replacements. As a courtesy & so we can continue to maintain each home in excellent condition, if during your stay you find other items requiring repair, please contact us as soon as possible.
Lost & Found
If you find that you have left items behind, please contact us as soon as possible. Although we strive to mail items immediately, it may take up to two weeks for delivery. For large items, a charge of $10 will be incurred. All packages are mailed in the form of a COD, via the USPS.
Smoking is strictly prohibited inside all rental homes. A minimum charge of $500 will be assessed for violations & there are no exceptions to this policy.
Please refer to the individual property descriptions for information about a home’s handicap accessibility. Homes are not fully handicap accessible unless otherwise stated in the property description.
Rules & regulations may apply for homes within the St. George Plantation, 300 Ocean Mile, Villas of St. George & Sunset Beach. Rules may address use of community amenities, the types of vehicles allowed, parking, bonfires, fireworks, etc. & are subject to change by the community. Guests are responsible for reading & understanding applicable community rules & regulations.
Leave No Trace
Franklin County has a year-round ordinance to keep our beaches clean and safe. All personal property must be removed from public beaches between the hours of 9pm and 7am. Unattended items may be removed and destroyed by the County. Resort Vacation Properties is not responsible for confiscated items.
We cannot predict the location of construction activities near rental homes & guests may not be able to be notified prior to arrival their home is near a construction site. Refunds or adjustments are not made because of construction activity.
Rental Homes for Sale
Rental homes may be for sale. Owners reserve the right to allow showings to qualified buyers. Guests may not be able to be notified prior to arrival that the home is for sale, however, guests will be notified of showings at least one hour in advance. Refunds or adjustments are not made because of sales activity.
In the event a reserved accommodation becomes unavailable for rental use, we reserve the right to substitute a comparable home, if available, or grant a full refund of all payments made, without further liability.
Every effort is made to ensure the property information listed online & in all print media is accurate & complete. Homes, rates, descriptions, furnishings, equipment or bed arrangements are subject to daily updates & changes. Information represented online & in all print media is not guaranteed. To ensure accuracy, please contact our office.
Beach Gear is provided by The Vacation Property Group, LLC. & is subject to their terms & conditions. Resort Vacation Properties is not liable for any disputes that arise between the guest & The Vacation Property Group, LLC. Any beach gear credit provided by Resort Vacation Properties has no cash value.
Resort Vacation Properties has a contractual relationship with the homeowners represented in all online & print media & this contract employs us to act as the owners’ agent. We reserve the right to refund deposits, refuse to rent or discontinue occupancy. Any reservation obtained under false pretenses is subject to forfeiture. Authorized employees may enter the premises for any purpose to manage the home. Resort Vacation Properties is not responsible for accidents, injury to guests or loss of money or valuables of any kind. Interest on any rent payment, if any, will accrue to Resort Vacation Properties of St. George Island, Inc.
St. George Plantation Rental Agreement
The rules and guidelines below applies to reservations that are for rental properties located in the St. George Plantation. If your rental property is not in this area, this section of rules and guidelines do not apply to you.
St. George Plantation Rules & Guidelines
All visitors to St. George Plantation must observe all rules and regulations imposed upon the Association’s members. It is expected that you and all members of your party will comply with the rules stated below. This form must be signed by the person registered with, and responsible to, Resort Vacation Properties of St. George Island or the owner.
Please note the following:
1. The person making the reservation should sign the line marked “Renter.”
2. List the names of ALL persons in your rental party, as well as any day visitors you may be expecting during your stay. Please include “Day Visitor” next to their name(s).
3. Please state the number of adults and children in your party. The total number of adults and children, day or night, may not exceed the “Maximum Occupancy” stated in our marketing materials.
The St. George Plantation Rental Agreement must be signed and returned prior to your arrival. Admittance to the Plantation will not be permitted without one. Please print or make photocopies for your reference.
1. DAMAGE TO DUNES OR DUNE VEGETATION IS A VIOLATION OF FLORIDA LAW. DIGGING, CLIMBING & WALKING ON THE DUNES IS PROHIBITED.
2. EACH HOME IN THE PLANTATION IS PRIVATELY OWNED. DO NOT USE PRIVATE DUNE WALKOVERS OR TRESPASS ON PRIVATE PROPERTY.
3. To access the Beach, your party must use the community boardwalks at the end of each street.
4. No on-street parking. Parking is restricted to your rental house, the beach club and tennis court parking lots.
5. All renters and guests must be registered with Plantation Gate Security through the rental agency or owner.
6. Overnight guests must not exceed the sleeping capacity of your rental home.
7. The “Rental Tag” must be properly displayed at all times while you are in the Plantation. It is not transferable.
8. Posted speed limits must be observed at all times while you are in the Plantation. Speed is checked by radar. Citations and/or fines may be issued for violations.
9. No golf cart, go-cart, mopeds, or four-wheeled bikes allowed. Motorcycle use is restricted to owners only.
10. Access to Bob Sikes Cut is restricted to a footpath which starts at the parking area at the west end of Leisure Lane and goes directly southward to the Gulf beach, then westward to the Cut.
11. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at the pool or tennis courts. Pool hours, limits and rules are posted and must be observed per Florida law. Use of the pool is not guaranteed by this Agreement.
12. All children under age 16 must wear a helmet when riding a bicycle, skateboard or roller blades.
13. Loud or obnoxious behavior is not allowed. Please be considerate of others when using the beach and common areas.
14. Open fires and fireworks are prohibited.
15. Authorized pets must be on a leash per County Ordinance. Pet owners must “clean up” after their pets.
16. Hanging towels, laundry, etc. on railings and balconies is not permitted. Use drying areas out of view.
17. Littering is strictly prohibited. Litter receptacles are provided at community beach access walkways.
18. Garbage must be placed in suitable containers and kept in an area shielded from view.
19. Boats, trailers and jet skis must be parked under your rental home. Use of jet skis in Franklin County is governed by a County Ordinance. There are no available boat ramps for launching inside the Plantation. Please obey all safety rules.
20. Arrangements to bring ANY motor home into the Plantation must be made 2 weeks in advance. Motor homes must be able to be parked under your rental home. The only exception to this rule is for a certified medical necessity.
21. The established policy of St. George Plantation Owners Association, Inc. requires that an Entrance Fee of $75.00 for each rental unit be collected once during each continuous rental period. If the Entrance Fee has been paid to the owner of your rental unit or to your rental agent, you have no further responsibility for its payment.
**If you have any questions or concerns relating to the above stated rules and regulations, Plantation Security Officers will assist you. Call 850-927-2362
I have read the above rules and have had an opportunity to ask Resort Vacation Properties, Plantation Security Staff or the property owner questions. I understand all of the rules and agree to abide by them. I understand that my failure to comply with these rules, or the failure of any member of my party to comply, may result in a fine or the termination of my occupancy within St. George Plantation, or both.
*These guidelines are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Resort Vacation Properties of St. George Island
61 West Gulf Beach Drive, St. George Island, FL32328