How do I determine where my vacation home is located in relation to the beach?
Every house has it’s location shown via Google Maps on its Property Information page. Simply scroll below the images, and click the “Location” tab. It will display other RVP homes located nearby, as well. And you can drag the map to explore the Island.
We also have a system that helps explain where the house is in relation to the water. The location of each home is described by both the neighborhood in which it is located and its proximity to either the Gulf of Mexico or Apalachicola Bay. While some homes are identified as “Across from Beach” or “Beach Access,” it is quite possible that there are not any existing houses between the home and the views of water.
- “Beachfront” – This is the first row of homes situated closest to the beach with nothing between them except possibly a protective dune.
- “Beachside” – Homes that are “Beachside” are located one lot behind the “Beachfront” houses and there is no road in between. It is quite possible that there aren’t any existing houses between the home and the beach.
- “Across from Beach” – Homes that are “Across from Beach” are located one lot behind the “Beachfront” houses. There is a small street between them and the beach, however, it is quite possible that there is no construction which could obstruct a view of the beach. Each home has a unique view.
- “Interior with Beach Access” – There may be one or more streets and/or houses between an “Interior” home and the beach. Walking distance and views vary.
- “Bayfront” – Bayfront homes are contiguous to the Apalachicola Bay. Some homes may have either a deep or shallow water dock.
- “Bayside” – Homes that are “Bayside” are located one lot behind the “Bayfront” houses. It is possible there is a small street and/or house between them and the Bay. Views vary.
- “Canal Front” – These homes are contiguous to the Apalachicola Bay and most have a deep water dock. Views vary.
- “Poolside” – “Poolside” homes are located adjacent to a community pool. Views vary.
- “Sideview” – Units that are “Sideview” are located in the interior of the community and are neither beachfront, nor poolside. Views vary. They are included in Poolside search results.
What are your office hours?
We are open 7 days a week, year round, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm except for Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Year’s Days. During the months of June and July, our office is open until 7:00 pm on Saturdays and 6:00 pm on Sundays. Our reservations department is always available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling the number at the top of the screen. We also have 24-hour On-Call Maintenance for problems or emergencies, at (850) 927-2110.
Where do I go to check-in?
If you have been provided with a keyless entry code, there is no need to stop at the Check-In Center.
If you didn’t receive a keyless entry code in your arrival email, we’ll have a key for you at the Check-In Center, located at 61 West Gulf Beach Drive, St. George Island, Florida 32328. Once you cross the bridge, take a right on Gulf Beach Drive. We are on the corner of West First Street and West Gulf Beach Drive.
What time is check-in and check-out?
Please plan your vacation accordingly, as we need time to prepare your vacation home for you. In addition to cleaning and inspecting, there may be maintenance items that need to be addressed prior to your arrival. Monthly services like carpet cleaning or pest control may also have been scheduled. Check-in begins at 4:00 pm but is not guaranteed. Check-out is 10:00 am.
Can I check-in early?
If you would like to get your toes in the sand sooner rather than later, purchase one of the 50 reserved spots and we will prearrange the housekeeping and maintenance schedules so you can access your vacation home at 2:00 pm. If your vacation home is vacant** immediately prior to your arrival date, the purchase of an early check-in allows you entry at 12:00 pm! **This is only available if the home is unoccupied one week prior to arrival.
1. This offer is on a first come, first served basis because special accommodations can only be made for 50 homes on a daily basis.
2. The cost varies and depends on the size of the home. Please call our office for more information.
3. Payment must be made prior to arrival and once paid, the cost is non-refundable unless we are unable to prepare your home by your pre-purchased early check-in time.
4. It will be necessary for you to visit the Check-In Center upon your arrival to obtain a new keyless entry code. (For those homes that offer this amenity.) The code provided on your Final Summary is only operational after 4:00 pm.
5. In the event an emergency prevents us from having your home prepared by your pre-purchased early check-in time, we will call you as quickly as possible and your payment will be refunded.
What if I arrive after hours?
If you will be arriving after 5:00 p.m. (or 7:00 pm on Saturdays and 6:00 pm on Sundays in June and July), please call (850) 927-2322 for late arrival procedures. Should you need additional assistance after hours, our emergency number is (850) 927-2110.
What are your payment policies?
To confirm a new reservation, the first payment is due the day the booking is made. See below for more details:
1. Guests who book at least 100 days prior to their arrival are required to make an initial payment of 25% of the total rental due on the day the booking is made. A second payment of 25% is due 90 days prior to arrival and the final 50% is due 30 days prior to arrival.
2. Guests who book between 31 and 99 days prior to their arrival are required to make a 50% payment of the total rent due on the day the booking is made. The final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival.
3. For last minute reservations made less than 30 days prior to arrival, full payment of the total rent is due on the day of booking.
4. In addition to making payment, our “Guest Registration” form must be completed and turned in during the same time frame as described above. If your vacation home is located in the St. George Plantation, we also need receipt of the “St. George Plantation Rental Agreement.” These forms can be submitted electronically. They can also be obtained from our office or downloaded & either mailed with your payment or faxed to our office. Our fax number is (850) 927-4040.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We have several methods for payment in order to make your reservation experience as convenient as possible. You can make a payment through our secure payment system using Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express. We also accept electronic checks submitted through our secure site.
By postal service, we accept your personal check, money order, or cashier’s check.
For last minute reservations, the payment method is the same as described above, except that payment made through the postal service must be sent via an overnight carrier. The name of the carrier as well as the tracking number must be provided within 24 hours of making a reservation. Additionally, neither personal checks nor web checks are accepted less than 7 days prior to arrival.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
Once the reservation deposit has been received, there will be no refunds given unless:
1. We can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate. A 10% cancellation fee of the total rental amount will apply and be deducted from the advance rental payment. If it is not possible to re-rent the home for the same dates and rental rate, the cancellation fee and any difference in the re-booking rate will be deducted from the advance rental payment.
2. After arrival, there should be no expectation of refunds or relocation because of dissatisfaction with the home rented. Unlike a hotel, we cannot relocate guests without specific authorization.
What furnishings are provided in each home?
The vacation rental homes are fully furnished and unless otherwise specified in the individual property description have central heat and air, feature a fully-equipped kitchen (cookware, dishes, flatware, glasses, blender, coffee maker, dishwasher, icemaker or ice trays, microwave and toaster), a washer and dryer, bed linens, pillows and bedspreads, bath, hand towels and washcloths, a telephone, at TV in the living room and each bedroom, and deck furniture.
What linens are provided?
We want to save you some room in your suitcases! Don’t worry about packing bed linens and bath towels – we have provided them for you at no extra charge. Arrive to find your beds freshly made and waiting for you (we do not make the top bunk bed, hide-a-beds or the trundles), so that you can start enjoying your vacation as soon as possible. You will also find a set of bath towels, (including a hand towel and wash cloth), folded neatly on each bed for every person in your party. We will gladly bring one set of extra towels (limited to the maximum occupancy of the home) during your stay, and provide same day service if notified prior to 11:00 am.
What else is provided?
Little touches make a big difference. Our homes offer all of the comforts of your own home, with a little extra. We are pleased to provide you with a starter supply of garbage bags, paper towels, toilet paper, dishwasher soap, hand soap, and coffee filters. Depending upon the size of your group, usage, and the length of your stay, you may need to supplement some of these items throughout the course of your stay.
What should I bring?
The most important items are your flip-flops, a bathing suit, beach towels, and sunscreen! Most homes have Beach Gear included, so you can have chairs, umbrellas, and other beach supplies delivered right to your door. Many guests, during certain seasons, also find bug spray to be helpful. Our kitchens are fully stocked with cookware, dishes, flatware, glasses, a blender, coffee maker, dishwasher, icemaker or ice trays, a microwave oven and toaster. Please bring any specialty cooking items you may need and food. Condiments and cleaning supplies can be purchased locally. Staples to remember include aluminum foil, plastic wrap, sandwich bags, laundry detergent, shampoo, bath soap and medicines. Baby equipment, if not specified as provided in the individual property descriptions, can be rented from local vendors. The fishing is great, so don’t forget your poles and tackle box!
What is the procedure for having an item I left behind returned?
If you find that you have left items behind, please be advised that it may take up to two weeks for delivery. For large items, a charge of $10 will be incurred. All packages are mailed in the form of a COD, via the USPS.
Are dogs allowed on the beach?
St. George Island is exceptionally pet friendly, with dogs allowed on both beach and bayside on most of the Island. Dogs must be on a leash at all times, per the July 2017 Franklin County Animal Control Ordinance. Many of our businesses welcome dogs and their companions, and you will find water bowls and maybe even the offer of a T-R-E-A-T or two as you and your furry friends explore the area.
Dogs are restricted in some areas of the State Park on the eastern end of the Island. You may view detailed information about this on their website here: https://www.floridastateparks.org/things-to-know/pet-policy.
Dogs must also be leashed at all times in St. George Plantation, the private community at the western end of the Island.
Can I have a wedding, wedding reception or other large gathering at your rental properties?
Weddings and events are welcome at participating homes. Guidelines and certain restrictions apply. For more information, please email us at email@example.com.
What if there is a tropical storm or hurricane during my stay?
No refunds will be made for early departures due to mandatory hurricane evacuation orders, or for unavailability of a rental home because of severe weather damage. We strongly recommend travel insurance, which covers these circumstances, to protect you in the event of a weather event.
Franklin County Emergency Management is your local resource for severe weather updates, evacuation information, and any other serious incident impacting the Forgotten Coast. You can even sign up for their text alert system, which will deliver the latest updates right to your cell phone! Find our more here: https://www.franklinemergencymanagement.com/
How to Make a Reservation
Browse our website to get an idea of the kind of property or properties among our vast selection of St George Island rentals that will best suit your needs and which homes you find most appealing. Once you have made a list of possibilities, reservations can be made online directly through the website, or please call our office at the number at the top of your screen, and one of our Reservations Specialists will be happy to assist you in making a final selection.
Please designate one person in your party to be responsible for all payments and correspondence regarding your reservation. After you reserve the property, we will email you a tentative acknowledgement confirming that your reservation has been made.
Making a Tentative Reservation on our Website
For online reservations, just follow the easy instructions and the reservation system will gather the required information from you to make the tentative reservation. Be assured that our online system is secure and your confidential information will remain safe. If requested, we will forward confirmation through the postal service.
Reserving by Phone
Virtually the same as our online process except that one of our friendly Reservation Specialists will gather the appropriate information. A tentative confirmation acknowledgement is sent electronically or by the postal service as requested. Reservation Specialists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Confirming a Tentative Reservation
The first task is to submit the “Guest Registration” form along with your confirmation deposit. Additionally, if your home is located in the St. George Plantation, we also need receipt of the “St. George Plantation Rental Agreement.” Those forms will be emailed to you via DocuSign, or, they can be printed and mailed to us at 61 West Gulf Beach Drive, St. George Island, FL 32328.
To confirm a new reservation, the first deposit is due the day the booking is made. See below for more details:
- Guests that book at least 100 days prior to their arrival are required to make a deposit of 25% of the total rental due on the day the booking is made. A second payment of 25% is due 90 days prior to arrival and the final 50% is due 30 days prior to arrival.
- Guests that book between 31 and 99 days prior to their arrival are required to make a 50% deposit of the total rent due on the day the booking is made. The final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival.
- For last minute reservations made less than 30 days prior to arrival, full payment of the total rent is due on the day of booking.
Accepted Forms of Payment
We have several methods for payment: By postal service, we accept your personal check, money order or cashier’s check. Payment can be made online with an “E-check” which is a personal check submitted electronically through our secure site. We also accept Visa, MasterCard & Discover online.
Fees & Other Charges
Our rates are all inclusive. There are no additional fees charged by Resort Vacation Properties except taxes and optional selections, such as use of an elevator and pool heat as requested. Fees for optional selections are subject to state and county taxes.
Early Check-In Available Now
If you would like to get your toes in the sand sooner rather than later,purchase one of the 15 reserved spots and we will prearrange the housekeeping and maintenance schedules so you can access your vacation home at 2:00 pm. If your vacation home is vacant** immediately prior to your arrival date, the purchase of an early check-in allows you entry at 11:00 am! **This is only available if the home is unoccupied one week prior to arrival.
- This offer is on a first come, first served basis because special accommodations can only be made for 15 homes on a daily basis.
- The cost varies and depends on the size of the home. Please call our office for more information.
- Payment must be made prior to arrival and once paid, the cost is non-refundable unless we are unable to prepare your home by your pre-purchased early check-in time.
- It will be necessary for you to visit the Check-In Center upon your arrival to obtain a new keyless entry code. (For those homes that offer this amenity.) The code provided on your Final Summary is only operational after 4:00 pm.
- In the event an emergency prevents us from having your home prepared by your pre-purchased early check-in time, we will call you as quickly as possible and your payment will be refunded.
“Maximum occupancy” means all persons on the premises, including infants. Must be 25 years old to rent. Pets allowed only in pet-friendly homes, as noted. Smoking is not allowed in any home. To protect your vacation, we strongly recommend Sun Trip Preserver Travel Insurance. For more information, see our Travel Insurance page.
The guest, including all members of the guest’s party understands and agrees: Upon confirming a reservation, a contractual agreement is made between Resort Vacation Properties of St. George Island, Inc. & the guest, including all members of the guest’s party. The guest and the rest of their party agree to abide by these Rental Guidelines.