The ability to take your pet with you on vacation to St. George Island, FL is what draws many visitors to our pet-friendly rentals. However, a lot of people aren’t used to being able to take their pets with them on vacation and therefore aren’t aware that there are additional pet safety tips that they should follow. The following are important pet safety tips for the beach and around the island that you should keep in mind while on vacation with your pet on St. George Island:
- Make sure your pet stays hydrated and that you allow it plenty of opportunities to rest in the shade. It can get quite warm out here on the beaches, which means that it will be easier for your pet to get overheated and dehydrated if you don’t pay attention.
- If you’re taking your pet for a walk on the pet-friendly beaches, then be on the lookout for sand spurs. If your pet begins limping, odds are one got stuck in its paw.
- Keep an eye out for potential hazards. Your pet may try to eat a washed-up sea creature, a piece of garbage lying on the beach or even the bait on a fishing hook.
- Watch out for traffic around the island.
- Watch out for wildlife in the bushes and on the trails. There are some feral and semi-wild cats living on the island that dogs may try to chase as well.
If you’re planning on going on vacation to St. George Island with your pet, be sure to follow these safety tips. For information about our pet-friendly rentals on St. George Island, FL, be sure to contact us at Resort Vacation Properties today.